5/23/2026 5:01:16 PM
A fun goal I have with Hermes, soonish, is to get it a voice agent and do whisper/TTS so I can voice chat with it, either via discord or something else, because every remote agent solution I’ve seen so far sucks huge fucking asshole, especially when you need to approve requests.
5/23/2026 5:06:29 PM
ClaudeCode for personal and OpenCode for work. Did GeminiCLI last year because we have a deal with google but agentic stuff was getting caught in loops and tool use sucked. ^ I did an iOS app to nanoclaw with speaking. Could do discord audio too and telegram. I did a deep dive on audio. Best performance is the OpenAI voice model but it's behind the times and it can't do tool use. I used pieces of this architecture: https://www.ntik.me/posts/voice-agent and got latency down to a couple of seconds. Perfectly acceptable for common tasks but not very conversational.
5/23/2026 11:08:47 PM
^ Nice.Apparently there's a 1p Google Meet plugin for Hermes... gonna try that sometime to see what it does out of the box. We use 11Labs at work and it does pretty decent conversationally, so I may stick with that, or I may try out the new model from Mira Murati's lab just to fuck around.
5/24/2026 9:25:24 AM
Anyone hit up Tinkerers last night?
8/13/2026 5:12:40 AM
I guess you were the robot guy?Seems like they really liked your presentation nice job!
8/16/2026 5:40:17 PM
Yeah it was a fun time. The new library is rad. Thanks for the suggestion, would have never known about it if you didn't post about it here.[Edited on August 16, 2026 at 6:51 PM. Reason : A]
8/16/2026 6:50:26 PM
NC State AI Hub: AI for Land-Grant Impacthttps://ai.ncsu.edu/Join us to celebrate the launch of the NC State AI Hub, a new university initiative advancing AI for Land-Grant Impact. Explore its five platforms, connect with colleagues and industry partners and discover how your work and interests can contribute.Faculty, staff, undergraduate and graduate students and industry partners are invited to attend.Date: Monday, Nov. 2, 2026Time: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.Location: Talley Student UnionAttendance form:https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfQqgG41ayDShyzl_qrHvIm1teVd7nq9Oa9MGABTBAkYbzqEA/viewform
10/6/2026 12:24:56 PM
does "industry partners" include useless alumni
10/6/2026 12:38:30 PM